ABERDEEN, Miss.--Smoke inhalation is the likely cause of death for 36-year-old Edward LaShawn Walker of Aberdeen. His death was one of at least two logged over the weekend as the result of house fires.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley told us Walker had been staying at the home with a friend, but was alone when the fire broke out shortly after 10 Friday night. Investigators did not know how long the home had been smoking when they found him.
Gurley said an autopsy was being conducted to rule out foul play.
In Jackson a 36-year-old man died after being rescued from a burning house Saturday. The blaze started shortly after 4 p.m. Firefighters were able to get the man out, but he succumbed at the hospital.