One of Mississippi’s best natural (and delicious) resources is SEAFOOD!
For the last 9 years Mississippi’s most talented chefs have been celebrated in an annual throwdown! Those named the Best Seafood Chef in Mississippi will earn a spot in the Great American Seafood Cookoff.
Each of the 12 chefs bring their own style, perspective and flavor to the table. In the end, Louis LaRose, Executive Chef and Owner of Lou’s Full-Serv, left with the 2018 title of champion.
Hear how the competition works here:
Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Mississippi Seafood provided by David Crews.
CRAB, CORN AND GREEN TOMATO RELISH
- 8 oz fresh Mississippi jumbo lump 1 crab meat
- 2 medium green tomatoes, diced 1 small 2
- 3 ears corn, roasted and shucked
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, minced 1⁄4
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced small 1
- habanero pepper, seeded, deveined and minced lime, juiced and zested
- Tablespoon cider vinegar
- teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cilantro
- Tablespoon cumin seeds
Mix all ingredients except the cumin and olive oil in a bowl and allow the flavors to blend for 15 minutes. Warm olive oil in a skillet and add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds are fragrant, quickly and gently toss the relish mixture in the pan. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.