SuperTalk Mississippi
News

Ford Recall could cost company nearly $270 million

JACKSON, Miss.- Ford announced on Thursday that some 2013-2015 Ford Escape SUV’s and C-Max cars, and 2012 to 2015 Focus Cars are being recalled. 

Additional vehicles included in the recall are the 2014 to 2016 Ford Transit Connect vans and Ford Mustang Sports Cars and Lincoln MKC SUVs from 2015.

The recall effected nearly 830k vehicles for faulty door latches. The company says a bad spring part could break, which would prevent doors from latching or coming unlatched. Ford says vehicles are especially at risk if driven in high temperature states like Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Texas.

So far, only one wreck has been reported from the issue and one injury that could have been caused by it.

This is not the first time door latches have been a problem for Ford, for the past two years the company has had recalls on small and midsize cars for similar issues.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More