JT from the JT Show stopped by Good Things to discuss how he cooks steaks, to prepare you for the Independence Day festivities! Rebecca barely had to say a word before JT started rolling on his steak cooking tips, and once he got going, it was tough for Rebecca to get a word in edge-wise! The big guy and the nutritionist both love beef, and although they may disagree on what makes a “good” meal, they both agree that steaks are a great way to celebrate the 4th of July!
JT has actually won awards for his steaks, and he was willing to share some of his secrets, like using a compound butter to flavor his steaks.
The recipe for his “Cowboy Butter” is below.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup of finely minced parsley, fresh if possible (add more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- pinch of black pepper, coarsely ground (add more to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zested and halved
- Salt, (optional – to taste)
Combine all ingredients with a mixer or blender and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper. Can be chilled until set or used immediately.
You can listen to the full conversation here