2/2/17 – Groundhog Day.
- An ABC-TV personality with Mississippi ties is pouring a hearty splash of cash into the tornado relief of the Pine Belt. GMA morning anchor, Robin Roberts fueled a day long recovery telethon with a 25 thousand dollar donation. Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, before heading to the Grosse Pomme.
- While acknowledging the growing problem of crime-oriented gangs in the Magnolia State, Governor Bryant described such gangs as domestic terrorism. The Governor reiterated Mississippi’s commitment to eliminating the gang problem, in spite of this week’s death in Senate committee of the bill known as the Mississippi Gang Act.
- The Rankin County toddler who was shot by his four year old sibling, is in stable condition this morning. The 14 month old suffered gunshot wounds to his chest and arm after the older child retrieved a gun from an unlocked safe, while the father was in an adjacent room.
- Mississippians are expressing angst over a seemingly paltry bond assigned a carjacking suspect, who’s also accused of robbing the I-HOP on Highway 18 early Tuesday morning. For a thousand dollars, 19 year old Stephan Brown can bond out. However, he has also been placed on house arrest.
- With just three days until Super Bowl LI, you might want to buy your nachos supplies now. (Avoid that pre-game famine in the chip aisle). Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady, knows exactly how many days, minutes and seconds til the big game at 5:30 this Sunday. After last year’s AFC Championship loss to the Denver Broncos, Brady had a countdown clock installed in his home gymnasium.
- Happy Groundhog Day. If you’re fond of Spring, darn that Punxsutawney Phil!