Yesterday, state and local law enforcement officers arrested 13 drug suspects in Mendenhall, Magee, D’Lo and other areas of Simpson County.
The arrests come as the result of an 18-month investigation of street-level drug sales conducted by the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, with assistance from the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, Simpson County Sheriff’s Office, Magee and Mendenhall police departments.
According to MBN Director John Dowdy, “more than a half-dozen” other suspects are still being sought in the investigation.
Those arrested along with their charges were:
- Steven Magee, 32, of 345 Woodrow Barnes Rd., D’Lo, sale of methamphetamine
- Stanley Purser, 38, of 922 Railroad St., Florence, sale of methamphetamine;
- James Corr, 32, of 414 South Main St., Mendenhall, three counts of sale of methamphetamine
- John T. Dampier, 35, of 1671 St. John Rd., Braxton, sale of methamphetamine
- Brian M. Price, 30, of 503 13th St. NE, Magee, three counts of sale of methamphetamine
- Calvin J. Hobbs Jr., 30, of 267 Ella Walker Rd., Magee, two counts of sale of methamphetamine
- Jason T. Smith, 31, of 120 Cabinet Shop Rd., Magee, sale of methamphetamine, two counts of sale of marijuana
- Michael S. Dutton, 44, of 864 Simpson Hwy. 149, Magee, sale of methamphetamine
- Ashlee M. Boyles, 23, of 437 Macedonia Rd., Mendenhall, sale of methamphetamine
- Billy A. Guest, 34, of 980 Seminary-Williamsburg Rd., Collins, two counts of sale of methamphetamine
- Thomas E. Warren, 60, of 932 Dry Creek Rd., Magee, three counts of sale of marijuana
- Joan Sanders Pearson, 55, of 878 Simpson Hwy. 149, Magee, sale of methamphetamine
- Cassy N. Martin, 36, of 374 Waters Rd., Mt. Olive, sale of methamphetamine.
Bonds are pending initial appearances in Simpson County Justice Court.