SuperTalk Mississippi

200 MSU Students Left Without a Campus Home after Dorm Fire

STARKVILLE, Miss.- Nearly 200 female Mississippi State University students were forced out of their dorms this weekend after a fire occurred.

MSU Vice President of Student Affairs Bill Broyles said, the fire on the third story of the four-story building appears to have been caused by a candle burning in one of the rooms. Lit candles are against the rules in MSU dorms.

The fire began around 8 p.m. Sunday night. The dorms suffered smoke and fire damage and extreme water damage once the sprinklers went off.

Broyles said students were housed temporarily Sunday and officials will seek more permanent rooms Monday. No injuries were reported.

MSU President speaking to the students:

MSU Fire

Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here

Copyright 2024 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More