SOUTH MISSISSIPPI- The Mississippi Department of Enviornmental Quality, MDEQ, says don’t get in the water due to high bacteria levels.
They have cleared the waters off East Courthouse Road Beach from Courthouse Road to Tegarden Road in Gulfport. Those areas are now safe for swimming.
However, the area off Bay St. Louis Beach near St. Charles Street from the Box Culvert east to Ballantine Street is not safe for swimmers.
There are eight other areas still effected with Water Contact Advisories:
- Edgewater Beach in Biloxi from DeBuys Road east to Edgewater Avenue
- Gulfport East Beach from Tegarden east to Anniston Avenue
- Pass Christian West Beach near lady Mary Avenue
- Fort Henry Avenue east to Elliot Street
- Pass Christian East Beach from Espy Avenue east to Hayden Avenue
- Long Beach Beach near Trautman Avenue from Oak Gardens east to Girard Avenue
- Front Beach in Ocean Springs near Martin Avenue from the Yacht Club eastward to Jackson Avenue
- Shearwater Beach in Ocean Springs from Weeks Bayou east to Ashley and Lakeshore Beach near Lakeshore Drive
- Bay St. Louis from the Silver Slipper Casino eastward to Poinset.