The State Board of Election Commissioners qualified candidates in special election races set for November 7, 2017. Statutory members of the State Board include Governor Phil Bryant, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, and Attorney General Jim Hood.
This is a press release
Qualified candidates for State House District 38 (Clay, Lowndes, Oktibbeha counties) include:
- Narissa Dawn Bradford,
- Cheikh A. Taylor, and
- Lisa Wynn.
Qualified candidates for State House District 54 (Issaquena, Warren, Yazoo counties) include:
- Joe Bonelli,
- Randy Easterling, and
- Kevin Ford.
Qualified candidates for State Senate District 10 (Marshall, Tate counties) include:
- Michael Cathey,
- Sharon D. Gipson,
- Lennell “Big Luke” Lucas,
- Ray Minor, and
- Neil S. Whaley.
The Board voted to dispense with special elections for the Circuit, Chancery, and District Attorney offices as only one candidate qualified for each race and, as such, will be appointed by Governor Bryant for the remainder of the terms.
These individuals include:
- Steven S. Kilgore (District Attorney, District 8),
- Rhea Hudson Sheldon (Chancery Judge, District 10, Place 2),
- Chris Collins (Circuit Judge, District 8, Place 1), and
- Celeste E. Wilson (Circuit Judge, District 17, Place 1).