SuperTalk Mississippi

Eudora Welty Commons Fire Destroys Top Floor

JACKSON, Miss.- Eudora Welty Commons on North Congress St. in Jackson caught fire Thursday morning.

The fire broke out around 7:30 a.m. Flames were seen pouring out from the roof, destroying the top floor of the building.

Fire investigator Greg Travis said, “Looks like the fire may have originated in and around the chimney.”

The owner said no one was inside at the time of the fire and that firefighters responded quickly and have controlled the blaze.

The Commons Hall is a two-story Antebellum home next door to the birthplace of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Eudora Welty. The building is used for receptions and reunions.


Eudora Fire   Eudora Fire 2

Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here

Copyright 2024 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More