JACKSON- The Mayor’s office has lifted boil water notices for all areas affected in this weekend’s water shut off.
The notices came after work was done on a 48 inch water main that had three known breaks in it. The crews finished work on the main nearly a day ahead of schedule on Saturday around 3:00 p.m.
The Mississippi State Department of Health says the water is now safe to drink.
The advisory was lifted for:
- Surface Water Customers, zip code: 39204, 39212, 39209
- Byram Surface Water Customers, zip code: 39272
- Jackson State University
Around 20,000 connections were affected and now that the advisory has been lifted the MSDH has a few tips to using your water:
- Flush faucets for a total of 10 minutes to get new water in to the system.
- Discard any drinks, ice, food, made during the notice.
- Rewash anything used with the “cleared” water.
- Check water filters
- Do not use water from your hot water heater for drinking until several exchanges of the tank have occurred.
- Run dishwasher through a cycle or two before using.