MERIDIAN, Miss.- Golf legend Hunter George Weddington dies on Wednesday morning at the age of 98. Weddington was from Meridian Mississippi. A list of his accomplishments have been included here:
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame Inductee (1983)
- Mississippi State Amateur Champion (1939, 1947, 1948)
- University of Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame (1992)
- University of Mississippi Golf Team (1935-1937)
- Mississippi Grand Masters Golf Championship Champion
- Won over 100 tournaments individually or with Alex or Lou
- Northwood Country Club Club Champion (15 times)
- Northwood Country Club Invitational Champion (6 times)
- Meridian High School Golf Team
- Past President of Mississippi Men’s Golf Association
- President of General Supply and Machine Company
- Captain in World War II with Air Force Ret. Lt. Colonel
- Past President of Meridian Chamber of Commerce
- Past President of Northwood Country Club
- Past Board Member and President of Meridian Rotary Club
- Past Board Member of Merchant and Farmers Bank
- Member and Deacon of First Presbyterian Church
Weddington and his daughter Lou Weddington Hart are the first father-daughter combination in history of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. He has scored 29 hole-in-ones in his career.
Information provided by WTOK in Meridian.
Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here.
Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.