- Another sexual harassment lawsuit has been filed against Hinds County Sheriff Victor Mason. Sgt. Belendia Jones accuses Mason of sending sexually explicit text messages to her phone over a period of approximately eight months in 2015 and 2016. Mason denies the charges.
- A teenage contraband ring designed to smuggle verboten items to the incarcerated suffers a setback at South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Greene county. Pot, meth, cash, heroin, and cell phone gear were discovered in two trash bags held by a 16 and 17 year old with a suspected intent of throwing them over the prison fence to awaiting inmates.
- It’s MEMA’s Spring Severe Weather Preparedness Week, owing in part to more than 800 Mississippi tornados in the last eight decades. With 821 twisters since 1950, MEMA recommends a battery operated radio as part of your disaster prep kit.
- More legal woes for the JPD officer, dismissed after video surfaced of him beating a handcuffed man. Now another person is filing charges against officer Justin Roberts, claiming Roberts shot him outside a Jackson restaurant four years ago when Roberts was a security guard.
- If you were one of the many Mississippians who trotted over the state line to Louisiana or Tennessee to snag a Powerball ticket for the 435 million dollar jackpot, your potential ticket to Easy Street should bear the numbers 10, 13, 28, 52, 61 and the bonus number of 2.