The Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH) and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics (MBN) have purchased five prescription drop boxes for the City of Jackson Police Department. Chief of Staff for the Mayor’s Office, Dr. Safiya Omari; Chief Anthony Moore, Jackson Police Department; Director John Dowdy, MBN; and Melody Winston, Director of DMH’s Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services announced the delivery of the drop boxes during a press conference last night.
These safe medication return boxes will be placed throughout the City of Jackson in each of the five precincts to collect unused, unwanted, or outdated prescription medications from people who want to remove them from their homes.
The locations of each drop box are:
- Precinct 1 – 810 Cooper Rd., Jackson, MS, 39212
- Precinct 2 – 3645 Metro Dr., Jackson, MS, 39209
- Precinct 3 – 3925 W. Northside Dr., Jackson, MS, 39206
- Precinct 4 – 5080 Parkway Dr., Jackson, MS, 39211
- Jackson Police Department Headquarters – 327 E. Pascagoula St., Jackson, MS, 39205
The Mississippi Department of Mental Health purchased the prescription drop boxes for the City of Jackson through funding from the Mississippi Prevention Alliance for Communities and Colleges and the Stand Up, Mississippi Opioid Partnership. Both are grants awarded to Mississippi through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.