A metro Jackson investigation of the synthetic cannabinoid known by various names including spice has led to the seizure of $350,000 in bank deposits and the arrest of seven suspects.
In addition, agents seized more than 24,000 dosage units of spice, four firearms, multiple computers and $2,000 in cash.
In conjunction with the investigation, law enforcement agencies conducted searches, by consent or warrant, on nine businesses Wednesday. They were:
- The Spark Zone, 901 Lakeland Place, Flowood
- Discount Tobacco, 671 Grants Ferry Road, Flowood
- The Spark Zone, 100 Bierdeman Road, Pearl
- The Vapors Nest, 7282 South Siwell Road, Byram
- Brandon Junction Express, 3271 Highway 18, Brandon
- Shell gas station at Highway 471 and Baker Lane, Brandon
- Swanky’s Vape, 1055 Highway 49 South, Richland
- D’s One Stop, 2607 Highway 80, Brandon
- Star Mart, Highway 471, Brandon
The operation was conducted by the MBN; Rankin County Sheriff’s Office; Rankin County District Attorney’s Office; Brandon, Flowood, Richland, Pearl, Byram and Ridgeland police departments; U.S. Department of Homeland Security Investigations; and Mississippi Crime Laboratories.