JACKSON, Miss.- The National Weather Service has issued severe weather alerts primarily for the southern portion of the state on Tuesday afternoon.
- A tornado warning has been issued for Northern Harrison and Hancock Counties. Officials say the storms could produce flying debris and quarter size hail. It is advised that you seek cover. The warning is through 4:00 p.m.
- A severe thunderstorm warning for Kiln and Diamondhead has been issued. Potential tornado could be produced as well s winds up to 40 mph and quarter size hail.
- A confirmed tornado was located 7 miles west of Lyman,
or 11 miles northeast of Diamondhead, moving east at 30 mph.
- WARNING: Flying debris, expected damage to cars, roofs, and windows.
Tornado expected to be near Gulfport and Biloxi by 3:55 p.m.
- Tornadoes dying down across southern Mississippi.
- Severe thunderstorm warnings still in effect for Biloxi and Lake Catherine areas. Winds up to 35 mph and hail.
Potential tornadoes still a concern.