If you’re planning to take a road trip this summer there are a few things to remember when you’re packing.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation has a few recommendations as your packing up the car to hit the road.
- Make sure you pack plenty of water and snacks, maybe even a little caffeine for the long stretches of road between stops.
- Take a blanket and a pillow for passengers to stay comfortable.
- Be sure to take tissues, disinfectant wipes, and paper towels.
- Always pack an umbrella for pop-up summer showers.
- Don’t forget a cell phone charger
“Having comfortable passengers is key for long summer road trips,” said MDOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath. “Most importantly, make sure to stay safe and have fun over the summer.”
Another great idea is packing travel games to help pass the time. You can also include a good book, or favorite movie if you have access to technology.
Traveling with children? Make sure to pack small electronic games, and soft toys to keep their minds busy.
MDOT also has a travel app that is available for free through the App store and offers real time traffic information.