CANTON, Miss.–If you’re looking to see yourself on the big screen, or possibly your kids, this weekend is a good opportunity in the magnolia state.
Morgan Casting will be in Canton Saturday for people interested in “The Sound and the Fury” movie that’s obviously based on the William Faulkner novel.
James Franco will be directing and starring the movie and he recently filmed “As I Lay Dying” just north of Jackson.
The information on specific characters is below and the casting company reiterates this isn’t open-casting, but rather they’re looking for specific characters.
Location: The Corner House from 10am-3pm
252 E Peace St.
Canton, MS 39046
1. Benjy: Caucasian boy. Around 5 years of age. He is the youngest Compson child. Seeking child to play the role of a kid who is mentally disabled / unable to speak.
2. Jason: Caucasian boy. 5-7 years of age. Another of the Compson children.
3. Caddy: Caucasian girl. 9-10 years of age. The only daughter of the Compson’s. Seeking red heads, strawberry blonds or blonds willing to go “red” if need be. She is kind and motherly to her brothers, Quentin and Benjy.
4. Quentin: Caucasian boy. 10-11 years of age. The oldest Compson boy.
5. Luster: African American boy. 10-14 years. Frony’s son. He is Benjy’s last caretaker. He is a responsible babysitter but also delights in making Benjy cry.
6. Versh: African American guys. 17-20 years.
The son of Dilsey and Roskus. Benjy’s first caretaker. He is kind and responsible.
7. Frony A: African American girl. 8-10 years. The daughter of Dilsey and Roskus.
8. Frony B: African American females. late teens to very early 20’s.