You might think that fruit or vegetable trays are the only “healthy” option to make or take to a Holiday event. The good news is there are plenty of healthy options to wow your guests’ tastebuds.
Many Christmas recipes call for wholesome milk, cheese, or yogurt. Making the low-fat choice when selecting dairy foods instantly reduces the calories from fat without sacrificing the nutrition, taste, or flavor.
Low-fat, plain Greek yogurt is the star of these cheesecake bars. You can also use the batter to make mini cheesecakes (as shown in photo) or one large cheesecake.
Recipe provided by southeastdairy.org
Lemon Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berry Swirl
Yield: 9 servings
For the crust:
8 graham cracker sheets
4 tablespoons butter, melted
**TIP- utilize pre-made graham cracker crust.
For the bars:
2 large eggs
2 cups 2% low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
**TIP- lemon is optional and add to taste.
For the berry swirl:
1 cup sliced strawberries or raspberries 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
**TIP- utilize store-bought pie filling and choose no-sugar options.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse graham cracker sheets to form crumbs.
- Add melted butter; pulse to combine and press into the bottom of a greased 8- x 8-
inch baking dish.
- Wipe food processor clean; add eggs and remaining bar ingredients (not berries).
Process just until smooth (do not over process).
- Pour mixture into pan on top of crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine berries and sugar; cover with a paper towel and
microwave for 90 seconds.
- Pour berry mixture into food processor and process until smooth; let cool.
- Pour berry mixture into 4-5 lines across filling in pan. Use a knife to swirl into top
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until crust starts to pull away from
edges of the pan and edges of filling are mostly set (center will still be slightly
- Once cooled, place in refrigerator and chill for 3-4 hours. Cut into bars and serve.