Applications for the alligator hunting permit will be available for purchase online via the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks website beginning June 1st and will be available through June 7th.
The application is free and there is a processing fee of $2.39 for all applications. A credit card or debit card is required for online purchases. Applications may also be purchased over-the-counter at any location that sells MS Hunting/Fishing Licenses. Applicants may apply in only one the seven alligator hunting zones of their choice. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age prior to June 1st and must possess a valid resident pre-requisite hunting license or a Lifetime License at the time of purchase (See list of eligible licenses below).
Applicants must have one of the following licenses to be eligible to apply: a valid Mississippi Sportsman License, All-Game Hunting/Fishing License, Small Game Hunting/Fishing License, Apprentice Sportsman License, Apprentice All Game License, Apprentice Small Game License, Senior Exempt License, Disabled Exempt License, or Lifetime License.
- There is a processing fee of $2.39 for all applications.
- A valid email address is required to apply.
- Notifications to drawn applicants will be sent via email, therefore, make sure you have a valid email address that you will check regularly.
- Check your current MS hunting license to be sure it is an eligible license (See list above).
- If your license is eligible, check to make sure your that it will not be expired on the day of application purchase.
- If your license is not eligible or if you do not possess a license, purchase an eligible license at least 24 hours prior to the day that you plan to purchase the application to allow processing and data updates in the license system.
- If you have an eligible license, but it will expire prior to June 1st-7th, then renew your license in advance of June 1st-7th.
- If you are a full time college student in MS, but are a non-resident, you are eligible for a resident license, and therefore eligible to apply, if you possess the resident license prior to the application period.
- If you are full-time military and a non-resident stationed at a Mississippi military base, you are eligible for a resident license, and therefore eligible to apply, if you possess the resident license prior to the application period.
- Email notifications will be sent to winners on or about 12:00 Noon on June 13th.
- Winners will have until 12:00 Noon, June 15th to complete the purchase of their Alligator Hunting Possession Permit for $200.
- Any un-purchased permits will revert back into a 2nd drawing that will occur on or about June 25th.
- Winners of the 2nd Drawing will be notified in the same manner and have until 12:00 Noon, June 27th to purchase their Alligator Hunting Possession Permit.