The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) announced several proposed changes for deer and turkey seasons approved during the September 19th Commission held at MDWFP’s Headquarters in Jackson.
The new regulations for deer season are:
- Importation of cervid carcasses from ANY state, regardless of CWD status is now prohibited.
- It is lawful to hunt less than 100 yards from feed or a feeder.
- Beginning, July 1st, 2019, it is unlawful to use natural scents or lures that contain natural cervid, biofluids, or other biological material.
The new regulations for turkey season are:
- Supplemental feeding from March 1st to the last day of turkey season is prohibited.
- Mandatory harvest reporting for wild turkeys will begin during the 2019 spring turkey season.
A full list of proposed and final regulations can be found at www.mdwfp.com/administration/rules/.