PEARL, MISS– The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has updated damage assessments for flood damage from six counties from a heavy rain system August 11-14.
No serious injuries or deaths have been reported.
MEMA has provided a list of damages by county:
- Adams: Two public roads damaged. There are 44 people in the county 361 shelter in Natchez.
- Amite: One home destroyed, several roads/bridges with major damage.
- Copiah: One public road major damage.
- Harrison: Four homes and five public roads with minor damage.
- Pike: One home with minor damage and seven public roads with major damage.
- Wilkinson: Two homes destroyed, 23 with homes major damage; 58 homes minor damage, 23 public roads and 10 bridges damaged.
Additional damage report updates will be released as they become available.
The Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service has set up a website to accept monetary donations to help those affected by the flooding,www.msdisasterresponse.org.
MEMA urges the public to report damages to your local Emergency Management Agency. For a list of contact numbers for your county, visitwww.msema.org/local-ema.
For more information, go to MEMA’s website at www.msema.org.