Jackson, Miss– News Mississippi is working to keep you informed on relief, relocation, and assistance efforts related to the flooding in Louisiana and Mississippi.
As flooding continues to devastate southwest Mississippi and Louisiana, the Magnolia state can expect an influx of people seeking shelter and assistance.
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, here are some resources that may help you.
- The Town of Tylertown will provide RV and Camper hookups at a discounted rate for short-term rentals to those impacted by the recent flooding. Typically, the hookups are used during the Bluegrass Festival, Regional or State Club Rallies, and similar events. http://www.co.walthall.ms.us/holmes-water-park.html and http://www.co.walthall.ms.us/southwest-events-center–rv-ho…The RV/Camper hookups are 30/50 AMP with water. The facility has four (4) dump stations (no additional charge) and is adjacent to Holmes Water Park. The RV/Camper rental does not include access to the arena or conference room at the Southwest Events Center, as those facilities are rented individually. Please contact City Hall at 601.876.4011 (7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) for additional information.
- Click here for a list of places to make donations and volunteer to assist those impacted by flooding.
- Beyond Therapy for Kids in Ridgeland is collecting baby items for the victims from the Louisiana flooding. These families need diapers, formula, and clothes all sizes. You can drop off at our location on County Line Rd at 950 E County Line Rd. Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
- Jones Companies has kicked-off a relief effort to provide aid to the flood victims in Louisiana. The company is working closely with Columbia Police Department and Reachout America to coordinate this effort. Jones Companies is providing two 18-wheelers to transport donated relief items. Items can be donated through Friday, August 19 at the following locations:
· Winn Dixie in Columbia – Wednesday, August 17 until 10 p.m. For every dollar spent at Winn Dixie for donated relief items, Winn Dixie will match dollar for dollar.
· Piggly Wiggly in Columbia – Thursday, August 18, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Friday, August 19, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Corner Market at Bellevue/Hwy 98 – Thursday, August 18, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Friday, August 19, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The trucks will depart Friday afternoon for Louisiana to transport the relief items.
The following items have been requested by Reachout America as immediate needs:
· Food – non-perishable snacks
· Hygiene items – toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, deodorant, razors, feminine products, toilet tissue
· Baby products – diapers, wipes
· Household items – bleach, shovels, rakes, brooms, large garbage bags, professional air purifier sprays for mildew smell, mold remover, bedding, pillows
· Clothing – new or gently used
Jones Companies is committed to enhancing the lives of our employees and communities we serve. “Our hearts ache for our neighbors in Louisiana who are hurting in the aftermath of the flooding. Thank you to everyone who made donations. Your generosity will help us provide aide during this time of need.” said Jonathan Jones, CEO. To find out more information on Jones Companies relief efforts or how you can help, please visit our Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/Jones
- Calhoun and Power’s Volunteer Fire and Rescue – 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. Saturday
- Jones County Sheriff’s Department Training Center -130 North 12th Avenue – 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Kim’s No Bull in Laurel – 1030 MS-15, Laurel, MS 39440
- Life Church – 5021 US-84, Laurel, MS 39443
- Central Baptist Church Hattiesburg – 5402 US 49, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
- Winn Dixie- Giving any monetarydonations at Winn Dixie to LA flood victims
- Collin’s Fire Department- 200 S 1st St, Collins, MS 39428
- Southern Miss Cheerleaders- ACE of Hattiesburg -419 Cole Rd- Hattiesburg, MS 39402
- USM Phyiscal Plant – Physical Plant office, located just off of West Fourth Street in the gated area next to the Pat Ferlise Ticket Office.
- Seminary Police Department, 123 W Main St, Seminary, MS 39479
- Prentiss Fire Department, 1340 Highway 184 West, Prentiss MS 39474
- Chick-Fil-A at Sawmill Square, Laurel MS
- The Hunter’s Edge 407 Hwy 11 South Ellisville, MS
- Hearts of Hope, Walmart in Columbia August 20th from 9am-6pm August 21st from 10am-6pm
- Oasis Church – 4007 Pascagoula St., Pascagoula (Supplies will be delivered Saturday)
- First Baptist Church of Pascagoula – 902 Live Oak Ave., Pascagoula (Donations accepted Tuesday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to noon)
- Pascagoula Police Department – 611 Live Oak Ave.,
- Gautier Fire Department Central Station – 2502 College Cir., Gautier (Donations accepted until 6 p.m. Wednesday)
- Gautier City Hall – 3330 Hwy. 90, Gautier (Donations accepted until 6 p.m. Wednesday)
- Little River Marina – 3200 Dumas Rd., Moss Point
- Bienville Animal Medical Center – 1524 Bienville Blvd., Ocean Springs
- The Juke Joint – 1911 Government St., Ocean Springs
- A to Z Variety of Ocean Springs – 111 Bienville Blvd., Ocean Springs
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Department – 6904 Washington Ave., Ocean Springs
- First Federal Savings & Loan – 3905 Bienville Blvd., Ocean Springs
- Vancleave Volunteer Fire Department – 3901 Ball Park Rd., Vancleave
- All Singing River Health System locations (Donations accepted until 5 p.m. Supplies will be delivered Thursday)
- Gulfport City Hall – 2309 15th St., Gulfport (Drop off Monday and Tuesday until 6 p.m.)
- Gulfport Central Fire Station – 1515 23rd Ave., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 2 – 1200 42nd Ave., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 3 – 2324 25th St., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 5 – 641 41st St., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 6 – 1000 East Pass Rd., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 7 – 210 Cowan Rd., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 8 – 13440 Old Hwy. 49, Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 9 – 15239 Dedeaux Rd., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 10 – 12001 Dedeaux Rd., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 11 – 13000 Three Rivers Rd., Gulfport
- Gulfport Fire Station 12 – 15550 Martin Luther King Blvd., Gulfport
- Allen Toyota – 11397 Helen Richards Dr., Gulfport
- Approved Cash – 11312 Hwy. 49, Gulfport (Supplies will be delivered Saturday)
- Fazzio’s Home & Farm Center – 23506 Hwy. 53, Gulfport (Accepting donations for animals and people)
- Long Beach Fire Station 1 – 645 Klondyke Rd., Long Beach (Supplies taken until 5 p.m. Thursday)
- Long Beach Fire Station 2 – 120 East 2nd St., Long Beach
- Long Beach Fire Station 3 – 21066 Johnson Rd., Long Beach
- Long Beach Police Department – 202 Alexander Rd., Long Beach
- Planet Beach – 15238 Crossroads Pkwy., Gulfport
- Hero’s Laser Tag – 3320 C Ave., Gulfport (Donations accepted from noon to 6 p.m.)
- Pentecostals of the Gulf Coast – 1907 Popp’s Ferry Rd., Biloxi
- BancorpSouth Insurance Center – 213 Porter Ave., Biloxi
- Ladner Drugs – 12435 Shriners Blvd., Woolmarket
- GunHo Indoor Shooting Range and Top Guns Gym – 323 E North St., Pass Christian (Supplies will be delivered Wednesday)
- Neco’s Market Place – 12342 Cable Bridge Rd., Pass Christian
- D’Iberville Fire Department – 11288 Lamey Bridge Rd., D’Iberville (Donations accepted until Thursday at 4 p.m.)
- Sail Away Skateboard Co. – 547 Hwy. 90, Bay St. Louis (Donations will be delivered Saturday)
- Sound Insurance Solutions – 841 Hwy. 90, Bay St. Louis (Donations accepted from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday)
- Rosetti Liquor Barrel – 998 Hwy. 90, Waveland (Supplies will be delivered Tuesday morning)
- Taco Bell – 4456 Hwy. 90, Waveland (Donation accepted from 7 a.m. to midnight)
- Approved Cash – 222 Hwy. 90, Waveland (Supplies will be delivered Saturday)
- Diamondhead Fire Station 1 – 444 Kalani Dr., Diamondhead (Donations accepted from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Saturday)
- Diamond Portable Buildings & More – 999 Hwy. 49, Perkinston (Donations accepted from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Big Mama’s Cajun Kitchen – 131 Sandy Smith Rd., Poplarville
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency has comprised a list of ways you can apply for grants and loans to help recover from the massive flooding.
- –Assistance for UnitedHealthcare plan participants whose access to care or prescriptions needs may have been affected. -Free emotional-support help line from Optum open to anyone. UnitedHealthcare and Optum, the health benefits and services companies of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), are taking immediate action to help people in Louisiana and Mississippi who may be affected by the recent flooding.This includes:
- assisting health plan participants who may need to make alternate arrangements to ensure continuity of care and access to early prescription refills, as well as a free emotional-support line to help people in affected communities.
- Help Finding a Network Care Provider, Early Refills: Plan participants who need help finding a care provider in the UnitedHealthcare network or obtaining early prescription refills can call customer care at the number located on the back of their medical ID cards.
- Free Help Line: Optum, a leading health and behavioral health services company, is offering a free emotional-support help line. The toll-free number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge and open to anyone. Specially trained Optum mental health specialists help people manage their stress and anxiety so they can continue to address their everyday needs. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with specific concerns, including financial and legal matters.Along with the toll-free help line, emotional-support resources and information are available online atwww.liveandworkwell.com.
For plan participants who may have misplaced their medical ID card, call 866-633-2446, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (in the local time zone),Monday through Friday. People enrolled in employer- sponsored and individual health plans who have a smartphone can download the free Health4Me app, which provides instant access to their ID card, network care providers, their personal health benefits and more. The Health4Me app is available as a free download at the Apple iTunes App Store and the Android Market on Google Play.
- Labor Day Golf for Louisiana
RTJ GOLF OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND TO BENEFIT LOUISIANA FLOOD VICTIMS
Birmingham, Ala – August 18, 2016 – While area golfers will soon enjoy a long Labor Day weekend on Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, they will be helping flood victims in Louisiana. From Saturday, September 3 through Monday, September 5, the RTJ Golf Trail will donate $10 to the American Red Cross South Louisiana Flood Relief from every round of golf with a green and cart fees paid.
“Louisiana golfers have played the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail since it opened nearly 25 years ago and now Louisiana needs our help,” said John Cannon, president of the RTJ Golf Trail. “We hope this Labor Day Weekend charitable promotion will provide financial relief to Louisiana residents in need.” All 11 RTJ sites across Alabama will participate in the Labor Day Weekend donations. Tee times should be made with the local sites and a complete list can be found at www.rtjgolf.com.
The money collected will go to American Red Cross: South Louisiana Flood Relief to benefit flood victims in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.