Photo courtesy of the Beau Rivage Casino
Tomorrow, sports betting will officially make its way to Mississippi.
While the regulations for sports gaming took effect on July 22nd, no Mississippi casino had it ready to go at the time. Now, the Beau Rivage Casino on the coast and the Gold Strike Casino in Tunica will become the first casinos to take a legal sports bet tomorrow at noon.
Ceremonies will be held at each location, which special guests on hand to place the first bets.
At BEAU RIVAGE:
- Willis McGahee, former Miami Hurricanes Running Back and 2-time NFL Pro Bowler
- Robert Royal, former Louisiana State Tigers Tight End and NFL star
- Legendary Oddsmaker Danny Sheridan
- Mississippi Hotel and Hospitality Association Exec. Dir. and Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Exec. Dir. Larry Gregory
At GOLD STRIKE:
- Stanley Morgan, UT Knoxville Wide Receiver and 4-time NFL Pro Bowler
- Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Chairman Nolen Canon
- Mississippi Senate Tourism Committee Chair Lydia Chassaniol
- Mississippi House Gaming Committee Vice-Chair Rep Cedric Burnett
These bets will be placed on the 26th anniversary of the first bet made in Mississippi’s modern casino age back in 1992.
While these two casinos will be the first to offer sports betting, 14 casinos across the state have applied to offer it, and will soon have it up and running.