SuperTalk Mississippi
News

Children Die in Calhoun County Fire, Space Heater Blamed

VARDAMAN, Miss.–A fire that killed three children in Vardaman early Saturday is being blamed on a space heater. Police there said the mom and two other children were able to get out of the house.

WTVA-TV reported the children were 9-year-old Oscar Ernest Razo, 7-year-old Isabel Alejandra Razo and 7-year-old Yobani Cecilio Razo.

Grief counselors were expected to be at their school Monday.

Donna Cromeans, with the state fire marshal’s office said anyone who is using a space heater should be extra careful and inspect the heater for damage to the power cord before using it.

“If you’re buying a new space heater, the one thing you need to make sure it has, is a tip over switch. That cuts it off it it tips over,” she said.

She also stressed that you should keep anything flammable well away from a space heater.

Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here

Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More