SuperTalk Mississippi
News Politics

Governor to sign BP bill into law

Photo by News Mississippi.

Governor Phil Bryant will sign the BP money bill into law. After already signing the Mississippi Infrastructure Modernization Act, the Governor said he would be signing the bill on September 5th at 5:30 p.m. in Gulfport at the Barksdale Pavilion at Jones Park saying that there is no better place to sign the bill into law than on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

However, weather may prevent him from signing the bill outdoors. In this case, Bryant said they would still hold the ceremony but would be moving it indoors.

“A lot of people on the coast, legislators on the coast asked me to come down and do this because it is so important to them,” Bryant said. “We will effect that bill signing either inside or out depending on the conditions of the storm.”

The bill was passed during the special session and will allocate 75% of the $700 million to the coast from the BP Oil Spill settlement. The remaining 25% will be distributed across the state.

Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here

Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More