SuperTalk Mississippi

The Silent Killer: How a Carbon Monoxide Detector Could Save Your Life

VICKSBURG, Miss.–About 300 people die in the U.S. each year from carbon monoxide poisoning and a Vicksburg family almost made that list this weekend. In fact, the only reason the two adults and three kids are alive is because a relative came by the house Saturday night and realized what was going on.

The family was asleep, according to the fire chief, and didn’t realize that their gas furnace had messed up, filling the house with the deadly gas.

If you have a gas furnace, it is vital that you have one of these detectors, say fire fighters and home experts.

Above is a video on how to install a detector. Be sure to check consumer websites for the ones that work best.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More