JACKSON, Miss.–If you haven’t had a chance to hear from Mississippi’s state-wide candidates, they will meet at the annual HobNob this Thursday, presented by the Mississippi Economic Council.
The event, which is usually attended by more than 1,500 state business leaders, will be at the Mississippi Coliseum this year.
If you are attending HobNob, News Mississippi will be covering the event, so that you can hear what the candidates have to say in their stump-speech style presentations.
It’s probably the closest thing you’ll see to a debate between Gov. Bryant and his Democrat opponent Robert Gray. Gray told News Mississippi in an interview last week that he had requested a debate with Bryant, but had been denied.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves and his opponent, former state senator Tim Johnson will also be on the bill. Here is a list of the people on the political speaking agenda:
- Governor Phil Bryant
- Robert Gray, Candidate for Governor
- Lt. Governor Tate Reeves
- Tim Johnson, Candidate for Lt. Governor
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann
- Charles Graham, Candidate for Secretary of State
- Attorney General Jim Hood
- Mike Hurst, Candidate for Attorney General
- State Auditor Stacey Pickering
- Joce Pritchett, Candidate for State Auditor
- Agriculture & Commerce Commissioner Cindy Hyde-Smith
- Addie Green, Candidate for Agriculture and Commerce Commissioner
- State Treasurer Lynn Fitch
- State Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney