SuperTalk Mississippi
News

Salvation Army Thrift Store Burns

JACKSON, Miss. – A fire at the Salvation Army thrift store in Jackson destroyed nearly $1.5 million dollars’ worth of donations. The fire started around six that morning according to a worker there, Gerald Snell. Snell said the fire started near a baler machine. When he opened up the door the fire started to spread. Later, he says propane tanks inside started to explode which is what really caused the fire to get out of control.

Capt. Ken Chapman with the Salvation Army says the homeless shelter, and the administration, social services, and learning center were unaffected by the fire. Currently they are trying to find temporary fix to get their rehabilitated employees working again until they can get the facility rebuilt.

No one was hurt in the fire. It is still under investigation.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More