USA Today readers have selected both the GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and the B.B. King Museum as two of the 10 Best Pop Culture Museums in America.
As part of the publication’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards for 2022, the GRAMMY Museum Mississippi was ranked No. 2 while the B.B. King Museum came in at No. 9.
“We take great pride in the work we do every day at GRAMMY Museum Mississippi to educate our visitors on the importance of American music history,” Emily Havens, Executive Director of GRAMMY Museum Mississippi, said. “It’s a great honor to be recognized by travelers across the country for the incredibly interactive and educational experience we provide to our visitors near and far.”
The top 10 winners in the category of Best Pop Culture Museum are as follows:
- The Neon Museum – Las Vegas, NV
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi – Cleveland, MS
- Birthplace of Country Music Museum – Bristol, VA
- Patsy Cline Museum – Nashville, TN
- OZ Museum – Wamego, KS
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame – Cleveland, OH
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music – Memphis, TN
- Rancho Obi-Wan – Petaluma, CA
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center – Indianola, MS
- The American Sign Museum – Cincinnati, OH
In order to qualify, museums had to be selected by a panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors. Readers then voted on the top 10.