Cleveland’s “50 Nights of Lights” countdown to the new year has kicked off throughout the downtown area, featuring numerous events and over one million lights for attendees to enjoy.
For over six years, Cleveland has used countless decorations to light up the entire green strip and local businesses in the downtown portion of the city, as well as providing numerous events almost daily from mid-November to January 1.
According to Sarah Aylward, Chair of the Cleveland Tourism Commission Board of Directors and Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, many stores located in the downtown area have extended their hours for the season due to the heightened number of visitors.
“We have a lot of people who love the fact that they can park their cars and walk and stroll downtown Cleveland to all the different stores,” Aylward stated. “We get a lot of people from Oxford, Starkville, Jackson, Little Rock, different areas that come here when they have all the shopping in the world at their hands.”
Aylward added that surrounding areas including Delta State University and GRAMMY Museum Mississippi will be hosting events for the public to attend on top of those offered with 50 Nights of Lights.
“We have an ice skating rink coming up later on. There is something every weekend and just about every night that you can find in Cleveland right now with 50 Nights of Lights,” Aylward said.
Here are some additional events anticipated for the upcoming month:
- December 2 – Cleveland Christmas Parade with Santa and hot chocolate at 6:00 p.m.
- December 3 – Deep Roots presents Gran Boiz at 6:00 p.m.
- December 4 – Pet pictures with Santa from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Horse and Buggy rides from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Screen on the Green showing How the Grinch Stole Christmas from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Deep Roots presents Jeff McCreary at 6:30 p.m.
- December 7 – Robert St. John book signing
- December 8 – Christmas Cocktail Class from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- December 10 – Deep Roots presents Jazz Persuasion at 6:00 p.m.
- December 11 – Mommy and Me Cookie Class at 10:00 a.m.; Screen on the Green showing Arthur Christmas from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Caroling Pub Crawl at 5:00 p.m.; Deep Roots presents Variety at 6:30 p.m.
- December 14 – Cookie Class for ages 8 and up from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- December 16 – Winedown Town from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.; Book Signing by Elizabeth Heiskell
- December 17 – Polar Express Night; Deep Roots presents Delta Spring Band and Craig Adams at 6:00 p.m.
- December 19 – Holiday Destress: Cozy Yoga on the Walking Trail with Rivers from 4:00 to 4:00 p.m.; Up on the Rooftop Cocktail Class with Melissa Townsend; Deep Roots presents Tricia Walker at 6:30 p.m.
- December 21 – Ornament Painting
Click here to see the entire list of events planned for December in the city of Cleveland.
To watch the entire remote involving the 50 Nights of Lights event, continue watching below.