The Gulf South Conference announced its postseason awards Thursday with Delta State taking home two of the five major honors.
Head coach Todd Cooley was voted GSC Coach of the Year for the second consecutive season after leading the Statesmen to their second conference championship in a row. It’s the fourth time Cooley has won the award (2013, 2014, 2022, 2023) since coming to Cleveland in 2013.
Delta State quarterback Patrick Shegog was awarded Offensive Player of the Year for the second straight year. Shegog, a graduate student out of Batesville, finished the regular season with 2,194 passing yards, 546 rushing yards, and 36 total touchdowns while only throwing two interceptions.
Overall, Delta State finished with 14 all-GSC selections:
- QB Patrick Shegog (first team)
- OG Keshawn Jennings (first team)
- OG Jaelon Brown (first team)
- OT Gavin Campbell (first team)
- DB Malik Jones (first team)
- K Nick Herber (first team)
- RS Alfonso Franklin (first team)
- UTL Robbie Evans (first team)
- RB Kelvin Smith (second team)
- AP: Alfonso Smith (second team)
- WR Jalen May (second team)
- C Nolan Troyer (second team)
- DL Timaje Porter (second team)
- DB Marlon Windham (second team)
Delta State will begin postseason play on Saturday, Nov. 18, when the Statesmen host West Florida in round one of the Division II playoffs.