The Mississippi License Tag Commission has started accepting submissions for the state’s new official car tag, opening the door for residents to have their designs featured on license plates across the Magnolia State.
“Mississippi is filled with talented artists and designers. We’re opening the submission process to take in inspiration from across Mississippi for our state’s next car tag,” Governor Tate Reeves said. “I look forward to seeing the range of submissions from Mississippians and finding a great-looking new plate that represents our state whether you’re going to work or taking a trip cross-country.”
Proposed designs must be submitted through email by the end of the business day on November 30 for consideration.
Each design must meet the following requirements:
- Proposed designs must be submitted by end of business day on November 30, 2022.
- Design must be emailed to email@example.com to be considered submitted.
- Design must be submitted in Adobe Illustrator (Ai) format.
- Design must be readable with a light-colored background design with dark-colored alphanumeric characteristics for plate numbering.
- Design must be limited to a maximum of 3 colors.
- Design cannot contain expressions that are considered obscene, slandering, insulting or vulgar.
- Design cannot contain any copyright images.
- Each submission is required to provide name, address, and phone number of designer.
- The designer selected will not receive any compensation.
- Participants must be Mississippi residents.
- Designer of the winning design must execute a release of any rights to the design.
- Changes to the design may be made to meet the required specifications and may contact interested parties for further information.
- Plate size will be 6” exact x 12” exact as it is today.
- All license plates will utilize an embossed (raised) alphanumeric character set.
- The upper region of the plate between the bolt holes is reserved for the jurisdictional name to be printed (Mississippi).
- The lower region of the plate between the bolt holes is reserved for the county name.
- The lower right corner of the plate is reserved for the validation sticker.