The 58th Dixie National Livestock Show and Rodeo is underway at the Mississippi State Fairgrounds.
Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Andy Gipson is encouraging the public to attend the multiple livestock and equine shows scheduled to take place over the next month — many of which are free of charge.
The upcoming Dixie National Horse and Mule Color Bonanza Show begins this coming Thursday and will run through Sunday in the Kirk Fordice Equine Center. The show starts at 8:00 a.m. each day and will feature mules of different colors and sizes, and long-eared donkeys, along with Pinto, Palomino, American Ranch, and other horses.
A limited number of Lainey Wilson concert-only tickets will go on sale at the Mississippi Coliseum ticket office this coming Friday. The February 15 performance of the Dixie National Rodeo featuring Lainey Wilson has sold out. However, a limited number of tickets to the concert will be made available to the public on Friday beginning at 8:00 a.m. for $30 plus fees.
The Dixie National Rodeo takes place Friday, February 10, through Sunday, February 12, and Wednesday, February 15, through Saturday, February 18, in the Mississippi Coliseum.
Dixie National Rodeo performances are as follows:
- Friday, February 10, at 7:00 p.m. – Randy Houser
- Saturday, February 11, at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – Chancey Williams
- Sunday, February 12, at 2:00 p.m. – Mark Chesnutt
- Wednesday, February 15, at 7:00 p.m. – Lainey Wilson
- Thursday, February 16, at 7:00 p.m. – Diamond Rio
- Friday, February 17, at 7:00 p.m. – Casey Donahew
- Saturday, February 18, at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – Chris Lane