State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs shared on Twitter that he has become the target of threatening phone calls and cleared up some rumors regarding his family.
In a thread of tweets, the state’s leading medical expert shared a list of conspiracy theories that have supposedly been making their way around the internet before offering the truth. The content of the tweets can be read below:
“I have received some threatening phone calls and want to clarify any confusion there may be with some conspiracy theories going around:
– My son works for Dr Fauci in D.C.
– My son’s wife has financial connections with the World Bank Group (WBG).
– Every time I promote COVID vaccinations – my son gets a World Bank-funded kickback.
Imaginative, no doubt. But ALL LIES.
– My son is an MD and MPH student in the DC area
– His wife is an MBA student and worked at the WBG before grad school.
– They are completing their studies through their own personal finances. There are no WBG funds involved. I AM VERY PROUD OF THEM BOTH
– I get zero $ from promoting vaccination.”
Dr. Dobbs ended his post by urging everyone to “stay informed and keep yourself and your loved ones safe by getting the vaccine!”