With the 2022 Congressional Midterm Primaries in Mississippi taking place on Tuesday, Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson has issued the following Election Day reminders:
- In-Person Voting: Polls for the June 7 Primary and General Elections open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Any voter in line is legally entitled to cast a ballot.
- Polling Place Location: Please contact your County Circuit Clerk’s Office or local Election Commissioners to verify your polling place. Click here for a polling place locator.
- Voter Photo ID: Voters are required to show photo identification at the polls. A voter without an acceptable form of identification is entitled to cast an affidavit ballot. Click here for a list of acceptable photo IDs.
- Campaigning: It is unlawful to campaign for any candidate within 150 feet of any entrance to a polling place, unless on a private property.
- Loitering: The polling places should be clear for 30 feet from every entrance of all people except elections officials, voters waiting to vote, or authorized poll watchers.
Here’s what the ballots will look like:
For questions regarding election day, call 1-800-829-6786 or email ElectionsAnswers@sos.ms.gov.