State-issued mask mandates and capacity restrictions on businesses in Mississippi have been lifted, but at casinos in the state, some guidelines will remain in place.
According to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, casinos can operate at 75% of the property’s maximum occupancy and masks must be worn while inside. You can temporarily take your mask off when eating or drinking.
A memo from the MGC outlines that casinos must continue to adopt policies that encourage social distancing between patrons and between staff that are not in the same household. Enhanced sanitization measures will also remain in place including the regular sanitization of “high-frequency touchpoints.”
The full list of regulations from the Gaming Commission can be viewed below:
- The number of guests on the property shall be limited to no greater than 75% of the property’s maximum occupancy.
- All persons in indoor public areas of a casino property shall be required to wear a mask or face shield covering the nose and mouth. Persons may remove masks temporarily while eating or drinking or when asked by casino staff for identification.
- Adopt measures to encourage social distancing between patrons and between staff that are not in the same household. Appropriate signage reminding guests to practice social distancing will be placed in the casino, hotel and elevator areas.
- Signage will be placed at all entrances depicting a checklist of COVID-19 symptoms and asking staff members and guests to not enter the property if their answer is “YES” to any question on the checklist.
- Staff members will be regularly deployed to guest and staff member touch-points for cleaning and disinfecting. High frequency touch-points will be sanitized at least once every two hours. Staff members will be trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to guests throughout the gaming floor, and signage will be posted asking guests to sanitize prior to playing at slot machines or gaming tables.
- To minimize potential hotel housekeeping team member exposure, housekeeping room services will be offered at check-out only (or upon request by guest).
- Guests or staff not adhering to these requirements will be advised of the requirements and warned that if they continue to disregard they will be asked to leave the property.
These changes will go into effect on March 4, 2021, at 5:00 pm CST.