Mississippians with a good sense of humor are being called to participate in the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) annual Safety Message Contest, which is set to take place from June 1 to June 15.
For this year’s contest, MDOT is asking for messages to follow themes involving:
- Distracted Driving/Texting and Driving
- Seat Belt Safety
- Sober Driving
- Work Zone Safety
- Turn Signals/Blinkers
- Left Lane Driving Etiquette
There is no limit to the amount participants can submit, but the messages must follow several guidelines.
These guidelines include:
- The message must relate to traffic safety.
- Signs can only accommodate three lines and 21 characters per line, including spaces.
- Hashtags, phone numbers, and website addresses are not allowed.
- No emojis.
More information on how to submit messages for the contest will be released on MDOT’s social media @MississippiDOT on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as the starting date nears.