The Mega Millions jackpot has risen again to an estimated $1.25 billion after no ticket matched all six numbers drawn on Tuesday.
The winning numbers were white balls 8, 24, 30, 45, and 61, plus the gold Mega Ball 12.
Now, the grand prize has increased by $200 million for Friday night’s drawing, which is sitting at an estimated $625.3 million in cash. If won at that level, it would be the fourth-largest prize in Mega Millions history.
So far, there have been 30 consecutive rolls for the current Mega Millions game without a winner, with one ticketholder in New York hitting the jackpot on April 18.
Overall, the total number of winning tickets at all prize levels continues to increase along with the jackpot, and Tuesday’s drawing produced a total of 4,904,910 winning tickets across all prize tiers.
Across the country, 135 tickets matched four white balls plus the Mega Ball to win the third-tier prize. Of those tickets, 28 are worth $40,000 each because they also included the optional Megaplier. The other 107 win the standard $10,000 each.
Since the last jackpot was won on April 18, there have been more than 31.3 million winning tickets at all non-jackpot prize levels, ranging from $2 to $5 million.
Here’s a list of top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
- $1.537 billion: 10/23/2018 1-S.C.
- $1.348 billion: 1/13/2023 1-Maine
- $1.337 billion: 7/29/2022 1-Ill.
- $1.25 billion: (est) 8/4/2023
- $1.050 billion: 1/22/2021 1-Mich.
- $656 million: 3/30/2012 3-Il., Kan., Md.
- $648 million: 12/17/2013 2-Calif., Ga.
- $543 million: 7/24/2018 1-Calif.
- $536 million: 7/8/2016 1-Ind.
- $533 million: 3/30/2018 1-N.J.