The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and the city of Jackson are looking to hire a company to manage projects and facilitate the response at the O.B. Curtis water treatment facility.
Tasks such as identifying potential treatment plant vulnerabilities and assisting with the preparation of a resiliency plan are also proposed.
Suggested assistance includes:
- Coordinate and manage construction/maintenance tasks being performed by mutual aid teams and local vendors.
- Assist team with creating scopes of work and identifying solutions for needs at the facility.
- Assist with identifying and locating the most cost-effective solution and vendor,including getting quotes and prices, locating parts, and logistics.
- Provide insight on plant history and physical layout.
- Monitor site and staff safety standards.
- Assist with staff training on safety issues and identify solutions to existing safety issues.
- Assist with creating standard operating procedures for plant operations and maintenance.
- Licensed contractor in the state of Mississippi and has a Mississippi State Board of Contractors Certificate of Responsibility in municipal and public works construction.
- Must be bonded and insured. Please submit any or all of the following bonds/proof of insurance: Performance Bond, Payment Bond, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation.
- At least 10 years of experience with water treatment plant construction and rehabilitation.
- Any experience working at the O.B. Curtis Water Treatment Facility to include hours worked on the site and past projects.
- Provide Satisfactory Experience Modification Rate (EMR) for the past three years.
- Working knowledge of water treatment plant process including, but not limited to:
- Controls and Process Instrumentation
- Electrical Installation
- Membrane Filtration
- Conventional Filtration
- Chemical Fee Processes
- Pump and Hydraulic Equipment
- Wastewater and Sludge Handling/Disposal
All costs should be submitted as an hourly rate and include weekend rates. Applicants are encouraged to email quotes and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver them in person at 1 MEMA Drive, Pearl, MS 39208. All quotes and documentation are due by Thursday, September 15, at 12:00 p.m. CT.
Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here.
Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.