The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has released deadlines for victims of the March 24 storms and tornadoes to apply for assistance.
Deadlines approaching for storm victims:
- SNAP Replacement Benefits Deadline: Monday, April 24
- Capital Disaster Loan: Monday, May 1
- SBA Physical Property Loan: Thursday, May 25
- FEMA Application Deadline: Thursday, May 25
- IRS Filing Deadline (storm victims only): Monday, July 31
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers remain open for residents in declared counties to apply for assistance:
- Carroll County: J.Z. George High School, 900 George St. North Carrollton, MS, 38947
- Humphreys County: Humphreys County Library, 105 Hayden Street, Belzoni, MS 39038
- Monroe County: Justice Court Building, 1619 Highway 25, Amory, MS 38821
- Montgomery County: Montgomery County Coliseum, 200 Recreation Dr., Winona, MS 38967
- Panola County: MS State University Extension Center, 245 Eureka St., Suite C, Batesville, MS 38606
- Sharkey County: Heritage Manor, 431 West Race Street, Rolling Fork, MS 39159
Center hours are 7:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday – Saturday; 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm Sunday.
In addition, the Mississippi Insurance Department will be at the Justice Court building (1619 Highway 25, Amory, MS) Tuesday, April 18- Thursday, April 20 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., to assist storm survivors with insurance questions, understanding their policies, and more.
Currently, the state and Red Cross are assisting 533 citizens with food and lodging in 37 hotels. Since the storms, nearly 380,000 cubic yards of debris have been removed.
As of April 17, the U.S. Small Business Administration and FEMA have approved more than $12 million to help Mississippi homeowners and renters recover from last month’s tornadoes.