The Federal Emergency Management Agency has announced that Disaster Recovery Centers in Carroll, Humphreys, Monroe, and Sharkey counties will be closed Sunday, April 9 in honor of Easter.
The following DRCs will reopen Monday, April 10 at 7 a.m.
- Carroll County: Z. George High School, 900 George St., Carrollton, MS 38947
- Humphreys County: Humphreys County Library, 105 Hayden St., Belzoni, MS 39038
- Monroe County: Monroe County Government Complex, 1619 Highway 25, Amory, MS 38821
- Sharkey County: Heritage Manor, 431 West Race St., Rolling Fork, MS 39159
DRCs are central locations where survivors from the recent tornadoes that killed 21 can speak with specialists from FEMA, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
For tornado victims in need of Easter lunch, the American Red Cross will be offering meals at the following locations on Sunday.
- Rolling Fork (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): South Delta Middle School. 86 Middle School Road, Anguilla, MS
- Yazoo City (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Hampton Inn. 2162 Grand Avenue Yazoo City, MS
- Silver City (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Silver City Post Office. 63 West Street Silver City, MS
- Greenville (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.): Days Inn, Express Way Inn. 2500 Highway 82E Greenville, MS
- Amory (2 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Old Amory. 101 South 9th Street Amory, MS