Mississippi Valley State head coach Vincent Dancy has resigned from his position at the university and will be joining Deion Sanders’ staff at Colorado.
Dancy led the Delta Devils for five seasons and had previously been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Coach Prime as Jackson State’s head coach.
Now, he will have an opportunity to pave a new path at the power-five conference level.
“On behalf of Mississippi Valley State University, I want to extend our deepest appreciation to Coach for his incredible leadership of our football program,” MVSU Athletics Director Hakim McClellan said. “The energy that he poured into his teams was a shining light for MVSU and a point of pride for all the Valley family. More importantly, while Coach Dancy prepared his student-athletes for success on the field, he also ensured they were successful beyond football as proud graduates of Valley State.”
MVSU will be conducting a nationwide search to replace Dancy. In the meantime, defensive coordinator Javier Gonzalez will serve as interim head coach.
As for the rest of Sanders’ staff at Colorado, the former JSU head coach has already compiled a collection of qualified candidates:
- Charles Kelly (Alabama associate defensive coordinator) – Defensive Coordinator
- Sean Lewis (Kent State head coach) – Offensive Coordinator
- Vincent Dancy (MVSU head coach) – To be determined
- Tim Brewster (JSU tight ends coach) – Tight Ends Coach
- Andre Hart (JSU linebackers coach) – Linebackers Coach
- Bill O’Boyle (Kent State offensive line coach) – Offensive Line Coach