Country music star Morgan Wallen is coming back to Oxford.
The “Last Night” singer, who canceled the second leg of a two-night stop in Oxford just six minutes before showtime last month, went to social media Thursday afternoon with an update.
“I wouldn’t say I’m 100 percent, but I’m doing a lot better,” Wallen said on his Instagram story. “To everyone in Oxford, I just wanted to reiterate how sorry I am for the way that went down. I thought I was going to be good to go, and I just wasn’t.”
The hitmaker returned to the stage in Jacksonville, Fla., on Thursday after canceling tour dates in Mississippi, Michigan, Illinois, and Nebraska due to a “doctor-ordered vocal rest.” On April 25, he announced rescheduled dates for everywhere except Oxford after leaving thousands of fans at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium high and dry.
Now, Wallen says his team is working on a new date to return to north Mississippi.
“We’re working on a rescheduled date,” Wallen said. “We are close to having a rescheduled date. I just don’t have the exact one yet, so as soon as I do, I’ll let y’all know.”
Following Wallen’s eleventh-hour cancellation in Oxford, he became the subject of multiple lawsuits seeking to recoup millions in expenses paid by fans to attend.
Wallen, who was just 11 stops into his seven-month “One Night At A Time” tour when the cancellations began to roll in, is currently the No. 1 country singer in the world. The 29-year-old recently made history as the first artist to have three spots inside Billboard Country Airplay’s Top 10 since the chart launched in 1990.