Booster doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine are now available at MSDH County Health Departments across the state.
Following guidance issued by the FDA and the CDC, the MSDH announced that qualifying Mississippians can now receive their booster dose.
You can get a booster shot of Pfizer vaccine if you are:
- Fully vaccinated with two shots of Pfizer, AND
- It’s been at least 6 months since your last shot of Pfizer.
AND you fall into one of the following categories:
- Adults aged 65 years and older, OR
- Long-term care facility residents, OR
- Adults aged 18 and older with certain underlying medical conditions (see https://msdh.ms.gov/boosters), OR
- Adults aged 18 and older in certain occupations that increase their risk of exposure (see https://msdh.ms.gov/boosters).
The MSDH noted that third or additional shots of Pfizer and Moderna for people with weakened immune systems are also available at county health departments.
For more information, click here.