Nearly two dozen restaurants across Mississippi have been named winners of Wine Spectator’s 2023 Restaurant Awards.
Wine Spectator, the world’s leading authority on wine, has recognized 3,505 dining destinations from all 50 states across the nation and 70 countries internationally during this year’s awards program.
“In a time of technological innovation, restaurants offer the human experience diners are hungry for—listening to their customers and offering personalized experience,” Marvin R. Shanken, editor and publisher, said. “This annual issue celebrates the places where wine is at the top of that conversation. I’m pleased to congratulate all 3,505 restaurants for their dedication to wine and wine-loving diners.”
Launched in 1981, the Restaurant Awards represent the world’s only program focused exclusively on restaurant wine service.
This year’s winners have been assigned on three levels, with 2,001 restaurants being named recipients of the Award of Excellence. Approximately 1,411 dining locations have been awarded the Best of Award of Excellence, while 93 winners have been given the Grand Award.
In Mississippi, five restaurants have been placed in the Best of Award of Excellence category, including:
- Caet – Ridgeland (since 2017)
- Koestler Prime – Ridgeland (since 2003)
- Restaurant Tyler – Starkville (since 2022)
- The Manship Wood Fired Kitchen – Jackson (since 2020)
- Thirty-Two – Biloxi (since 2013)
Here’s the full list of the remaining 17 Mississippi restaurants included in this year’s awards:
- BR Prime Steakhouse – Biloxi (since 2007)
- Bravo! – Jackson (since 1997)
- Char Restaurant – Jackson (since 2018)
- Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro – Jackson (since 2018)
- Field’s Steak & Oyster Bar – Biloxi (since 2023)
- Harveys – Columbus (since 2023)
- Harveys – Starkville (since 2022)
- Jia – Biloxi (since 2008)
- Local 468 – Ridgeland (since 2022)
- Morton’s, The Steakhouse – Biloxi (since 2016)
- Phillip M’s – Philadelphia (since 2022)
- Shapley’s Restaurant – Ridgeland (since 2023)
- Stalla Italian Kitchen – Biloxi (since 2016)
- The Sipp on South Lamar – Oxford (since 2020)
- Walker’s Drive-In – Jackson (since 2015)
- White Pillars Restaurant and Lounge – Biloxi (since 2023)
- Yugo Oxford – Oxford (since 2022)