In the NFL, the release of the new schedule for the upcoming season has become a calculation by fans on early predictions but knowing injuries, team chemistry, and other details that may occur, it’s only the first step for each team.
For the past few years, the NFC South has struggled offensively, and the Saints’ addition of Pro-Bowl quarterback Derek Carr looks to add fire to that cold production. One positive going for New Orleans is there’s no team on this year’s schedule with an overly dominant offense other than the Minnesota Vikings (Week 10) who have experienced temporary glimpses of firepower in recent seasons.
Besides playing two games against each NFC South opponent, the Saints will play all the AFC South and NFC North teams once along with a few others sprinkled in.
Fortunately, most of the opponents are rebuilding with heavy draft picks or some free-agent editions. For instance, the Titans (Week 1), Packers (Week 3), Texans (Week 6), Colts (Week 8), and Bears (Week 9) are just some of the non-division opponents with new rosters on the 2023-24 schedule.
While there will be no international game for New Orleans this year, there will be two Thursday night contests against the Jaguars (Week 7) and the Rams (Week 16). The Saints are also scheduled for one Monday Night Football game, squaring off against the Panthers in Week 2.
The full 2023-24 New Orleans Saints schedule is as follows:
- Aug. 20: at Los Angeles Chargers (preseason)
- Aug. 27: vs. Houston Texans (preseason)
- Sept. 10: vs. Tennessee Titans
- Sept. 18: at Carolina Panthers (MNF)
- Sept. 24: at Green Bay Packers
- Oct. 1: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Oct. 8: at New England Patriots
- Oct. 15: at Houston Texans
- Oct. 19: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (TNF)
- Oct. 29: at Indianapolis Colts
- Nov. 5: vs. Chicago Bears
- Nov. 12: at Minnesota Vikings
- Nov. 19: BYE
- Nov. 26: at Atlanta Falcons
- Dec. 3: vs. Detroit Lions
- Dec. 10: vs. Carolina Panthers
- Dec. 17: vs New York Giants
- Dec. 21: at Los Angeles Rams (TNF)
- Dec. 31: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jan. 7: vs. Atlanta Falcons