College football will soon be underway and players from all of Mississippi’s major universities have been awarded preseason honors by their respective conferences.
Mississippi State and Southern Miss led the way with three players each named to their respective all-conference teams. Ole Miss had just one player recognized for his talents heading into the 2023 campaign.
Below is a full list of players representing Mississippi’s major football programs in all-conference teams.
- Nathaniel Watson (linebacker) — Second-Team All-SEC — Last season, Watson compiled 51 solo tackles, six sacks, and one interception.
- Tulu Griffin (wide receiver) — Second-Team All-SEC (all-purpose), Third-Team All-SEC (return specialist) — Last season, Griffin recorded 502 receiving yards and four touchdowns. He also returned 19 kickoffs for 613 yards and one touchdown.
- Will Rogers (quarterback) — Third-Team All-SEC — Last season, Rogers had the second-most passing yards in the SEC at 3,974 and threw for 35 touchdowns.
- Frank Gore, Jr. (running back) — First-Team All-Sun Belt (running back), First-Team All-Sun Belt (all-purpose) — Last season, Gore ran for 1,381 yards and nine touchdowns. The fourth-year sensation also took to the air, throwing for 191 yards and four touchdowns.
- Jay Stanley (defensive back) — First-Team All-Sun Belt — Last season, Stanley amassed 27 solo tackles, five interceptions, three forced fumbles, and deflected seven passes.
- Jalen Williams (defensive lineman) — Second-Team All-Sun Belt — Last season, Williams had 18 solo tackles and two sacks.
- Quinshon Judkins (running back) — First-Team All-SEC — Last season, Judkins led the conference in rushing with 1,567 yards and 16 touchdowns. He is also a consensus preseason AP First-Team All-American.