For the third season in a row, an Ole Miss Rebel has been chosen as the top college football player in Mississippi.
Running back Quinshon Judkins was named the recipient of the 2022 C Spire Conerly Trophy on Tuesday night. Judkins, a true freshman, finished the regular season as the SEC’s leading rusher with 1,476 yards and 16 touchdowns – both statistics also being program records.
“I am honored to receive this award on the behalf of Ole Miss, my coaches, and my teammates,” Judkins said. “In particular, I want to thank my offensive line. This award is a testament to their commitment and hard work this season. And finally, I would not be up here without the love and support of my family. Thank you again and Hotty Toddy.”
Judkins was selected as the winner over nine other finalists by a panel of statewide sports media representatives.
The other finalists for the awards were:
- Mississippi State DB Emmanuel Forbes, Jr.
- Jackson State QB Shedeur Sanders
- Southern Miss WR Jason Brownlee
- Delta State QB Patrick Shegog
- Alcorn State RB Jarveon Howard
- Mississippi Valley State DL Ronnie Thomas
- Mississippi College RB Marcus Williams
- Belhaven LB Connor Fordham
- Millsaps WR/KR Moïse Tezzo
Judkins is the 10th Ole Miss player to win the award since its inception in 1996, joining a list that includes Stewart Patridge (1997), Deuce McAllister (1999), Eli Manning (2001, 2003), Patrick Willis (2006), Bo Wallace (2012), Evan Engram (2016), A.J. Brown (2017), Elijah Moore (2020), and Matt Corral (2021)