Over $1.2 million in grants have been distributed to 19 community health centers across Mississippi by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) following President Joe Biden’s proclamation regarding National Health Center Week.
Each community health center will receive approximately $65,000 in an effort to advance health equity across the nation through better data collection and reporting. The grants will be derived from the $90 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding set aside for centers to renovate, acquire essential COVID-19 medical supplies, and strengthen the workforce.
“We have prioritized advancing equity in our COVID-19 response and throughout all of our work,” said HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra. “Community health centers have played a pivotal role in the nation’s COVID-19 response, and now serve more than 30 million people across the country. Today’s investments will help ensure that all patients have equitable access to the high-quality health care they deserve.”
Here are the community health centers in Mississippi that are set to receive funding:
- North Mississippi Primary Health Care, Inc. – Ashland
- Coastal Family Health Center, Inc. – Biloxi
- Northeast Mississippi Health Care, Inc. – Byhalia
- G.A. Carmichael Family Health Center, Inc. – Canton
- Aaron E. Henry Community Health Services Center, Inc. – Clarksdale
- Efferson Comprehensive Health Center Inc – Fayette
- Central Mississippi Civic Improvement Association, Inc. – Jackson
- Central Mississippi Health Services, Inc. – Jackson
- Family Health Care Clinic, Inc. – Jackson
- Family Health Center, Inc. – Laurel
- Dr. Arenia C. Mallory Community Health Center, Inc. – Lexington
- Amite County Medical Services, Inc. – Liberty
- Mantachie Rural Health Care Inc – Mantachie
- Greater Meridian Health Clinic, Inc – Meridian
- Delta Health Center, Inc. – Mound Bayou
- Claiborne County Family Health Center – Port Gibson
- East Central Mississippi Health Care Inc – Sebastopol
- Outreach Health Services Inc – Shubuta
- Access Family Health Services, Inc. – Smithville
For more information about Biden’s Health Center program, click here.